Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Love and Hate

This will be a short post, but I was extremely impressed by an article that I wanted to share. The picture shown here is from the article and there are quite a few more, highlighting the violence of the riots around the Los Angeles LDS temple. It is very disturbing to me to see that so many people who claim to be oppressed and persecuted would turn so easily to persecute and oppress others. The violence that occured at these protests is very upsetting to me and I honestly feel rather frightened for what this will mean to members of our faith around the country. Truly, there are now those among us that call evil good and good evil, and they are defending their claims with violence.
I was very impressed by the article and I wanted to encourage anyone that reads my blog to find and follow the link and read it. I believe very strongly in tolerance and in every person's right to believe what they want and to peacefully assemble and protest as they feel it necessary. There was nothing peaceful about this protest.

1 comment:

Katey said...

Thanks for that article reference. I have sent a lot of people too it. Very well written.